Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

This book is a shorter novel set in the Mistborn world. Although it's not one of the three planned trilogies (one of which has already been written and released), it doesn't quite work as a stand-alone novel either--there seems to be more story waiting even after the end of the novel. I enjoyed the story (there were some moments of humor), but it wasn't quite as good as the original Mistborn trilogy (in which the reader had to work out more of the mythology and whose characters seemed stronger to me). Still, I liked the story and I liked the mystery, and I especially liked Wayne and Marasi. I'll definitely be interested in the sequel, whenever it may come out. I read this book on my Kindle, and I found the accompanying graphics clear enough (although Sanderson has also made them available on his website).

No comments: