Thursday, October 7, 2010

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

I received an ARC of this book for free from Barnes and Noble's Sneak Peek program. I'm putting the rest of the review behind a cut since we haven't finished discussing the book on the boards yet.
I'm actually looking forward to the third book in this series (The Tempest, due fall 2011) now. I think that Fitzpatrick has really grown as a writer since Hush, Hush--the characters are more believable, the plot is more exciting (plus she ends on a cliffhanger), and the archangel/Nephilim stuff seems to make more sense. Nora is still somewhat of an idiot, but what can you expect from a sixteen year old? Also, I think the text offers a good message about family--and the family you can make v. the family you're born to--in the end.

No comments: